Saturday, June 20, 2009

Pedicure gone wrong...

The boys are at the cabin, Ashlynn is at a birthday party..What is a mom to do without any kids that is just for her...A Pedicure. Well, this was a brave move for me because I have never had a pedicure before and have always been a little anxious about people invading my personal space. So, I convinced myself to do it. I walk in picked out my nail color, which there was way too many colors to pick from. Sat down in my foot bath and waited my turn. I was feeling very nervous and starting talking to the girl next to me. So, after waiting a few minutes they started with the process. I tried to read, but found myself watching their every move. So, I started feeling a little more comfortable with the massaging and working with my feet when all of the sudden I felt sharp object being stabbed in my foot and looked down and saw blood dripping from my big toe. The pedicurist started panicking that she had cut into my toe. At this point she has informed me that she gets faint with the site of blood. So, another pedicurist took over to stop the bleeding. They applied a gauze and this liquid band aid stuff to stop the bleeding. After this is not working a few other workers come over to look at my toe and pull out their first aid kit to repair my toe. Meanwhile, the ladies in the spa are shocked because they said that this has never happened to them. While the pedicurists are tending to my foot, I have no idea what the workers are saying to each other because they are speaking another language, but they seem worried. Meanwhile, the pedicurist that caused this is so upset that she didn't want me to yell at her. I don't why she would think that. Maybe, this has happened before. While all this is going on the sweet girl sitting next to me is talking to me and keeping my mind off my now sore, red, swelling toe. All I am thinking is I am going to get toe cellulitis from a foot pedicure. Why me! So, after the whole event and sitting in the chair for 2 hours which was only suppose to be a 40 minutes session to start with. They put Neosporin on my toe, painted my nails a pretty pink with a flower on the injured toe, gave me a discount and told me come back soon. Am I crazy! I don't think so!
Here is the finished look. The swelling in my toe has gone down, but it is a little tender to walk on. After talking to Matt, he says this would only happen to me. I was only a girl wanting to relax a little.



This is the spared foot.

The injured big toe.



6 comments:

Quail Ridge Travelers said...

Sorry to hear about the injury, but they do look beautiful.

Tracy said...

Oh no! I am so sorry I was too sick to come with you. In all my years of getting pedicures, I have only been stabbed once and I don't think it was nearly as bad as yours was! I am so sorry that this happened to you on your first (and I am guessing last) pedicure!!! Watch out for staph infection cause that will really top off this pedicure experience.

talesofanurse said...

Shannon!
I am sooo sorry. I can't believe this happened, especially after we all talked it up like it was going to be awesome. I think I need to bring you brownies or something.

Laura said...

Discount? That's all. Don't you think being injured with a stabbing, they should at least have given you your pedicure FREE!!! Next time fake cry and that should do the trick!

Brian and Melissa said...

Shannon, Shannon, Shannon.... I am still laughing!!! This would only happen to you!!!I am so so sorry~~~ I don't know what to say!!!!

Campbell clan said...

Oh man! That looks painful. Cute color though.