Saturday, November 29, 2008
Family Celebrations
This Thanksgiving we traveled to Idaho to spend it with our families. We had a delightful time at Grandma Frankie's. We enjoyed a tasty turkey dinner cooked by Matt's brother Craig and we also got to start the christmas gifts early. The kids had fun opening their gift from grandma and we also enjoyed our gift from the NH gang. Thanks guys, it was a nice suprise! We then spent time with my family and got to combine my birthday, Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas in about 4 hours. My mom loves to celebrate and since we are not in Idaho to do so she was very kind and creative to make it all work.
So, next on the agenda was my favorite day...the day after Thanksgiving shopping extravaganza. My sisters in law, Tracy and Gail, and my nephew Skyler joined in on the fun this year and we spent 9 hours holiday shopping. Yes, I said 9 hours. I'm usually done with my shopping by 9am, but this year we were enjoying ourselves so much we literally lost track of time. We look back at the whole day and we can't account for about 3 hours. I guess your mind in not thinking as clearly when you are up at 3am when you went to bed at 1am. All in all, we had a fun time and I am always glad I go. Until next year....
Then towards the end of the trip we spent time with my Dad and the kids fed the ducks their Thanksgiving feast. Finally, I also got to have a quick visit with my Boise Pediatrics friends. It was nice to catch up.
We are so grateful to have such great families and friends. We had a very pleasant trip and glad that we got to enjoy everyones company.
I also want to make a quick mention that we also celebrated Tracy's brithday before we left for our trip. We had a taco bar for dinner and had cake. Hope you had a great day Tracy! We are glad that you could spend some time with us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I will always remember shopping with you after thanksgiving. What fun. It's sounds like you had a great time. I would give you a hard time about not contacting me while you were here, but lucky for you we were gone. Hope you travel safe.
I love seeing the pictures! What a great visit you had. And I agree with Val you are the BEST black friday shopping companion. Happy Holiday's!
Post a Comment