Monday, July 4, 2011

More Boston Highlights

Fenway Park was neat to see! We just didn't have time to squeeze in to see a game, but just seeing the place was a treat! We are baseball fans so now we can say we have been to one the most historic baseball parks.

The major focus of our Boston trip was to see the famous Boston fireworks. We staked out our spot early in the day and waited about seven hours for the fireworks. I think everyone was a little relieved that we were actually sitting and not walking. We passed the time at a nearby park, playing games, being silly and talking with each other. Laura and I got pizza for dinner and ate it in the park. I still can't believe we could get 6 kids to stay in one spot for that much time.

And then finally, what we thought was the firework show because it was 30 minutes early started, but it was just a 2 minute teaser. The real show didn't start until 40 minutes later. It was a fantastic show and glad we got to experience it. Then after the fireworks show we walked back to the hotel and climbed 11 flights of stairs to get to our room because there was a line to get on the elevator and all of us did not want to wait to get to our beds. I couldn't believe that all the kids made it up the stairs first. Where is this energy coming from.

No comments: