Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Kite Festival


Above are pictures of Antelope Island's Hot Air Balloon and Kite Festival. The weather was a little unpredictable to launch the Hot Air Balloons so, we had fun flying the kids kites. There were some really neat kites being flown around. Carter and Ashlynn got the hang of flying kites pretty quick. Carter got his kite really high almost to the end of his string. He had fun! Ashlynn on the other hand was always on the look out for the dressed up buffalo walking around the park. She was deathly afraid of it. She was in panic mode when it got near her. I could feel her poor heart just pounding in her chest as she was crawling up me. She is very scared of anything dressed up in a costume with a mask. I am a little nervous how she is going to react at Disneyland in a few weeks. She has already told us that she doesn't want people dressed up in costumes to talk to her. We shall see! On the plus side we won't have to wait in lines to see the characters.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Brian and Melissa said...

It looked like it was a lot of fun! I should have gone there!

Tracy said...

I'm with Ashlynn on this one. I have never been a big fan of people dressed up in those costumes (and I have the Easter Bunny picture to prove it). To this day I don't want them anywhere around me - how do I know what crazy person is behind that mask that's trying to hug me??? I was never a big fan of the characters at Disneyland but they never bothered me as much as the others - possibly because they were characters I recognized. Hopefully Ashlynn will feel the same way! Have fun at Disneyland :).