Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Tear to my eye....

I have watched more TV than ever since the Olympics have been on. I love team competition and all the hard work it takes to be great sports players. It definitely takes courage, dedication, passion and talent for the sport you love. I am so excited for team USA in all events that have been played.
We were chating at work and one of the doctors said after watching the running races he felt like he needed to just get out there and run. So he did just that and he is not even a runner. So the Olympic games can be inspiring in some ways. Misti May and Kerri Walsh are battling for the gold medal on Wednesday evening. I can't wait! They show such great team sportsmanship and are very good beach volleyball players.
I had a tear in my eye when I saw Shawn Johnson finally win her gold medal on the balance beam. She is truly a great role model for humility and a great competitor. The best part is when they showed her parent's reaction to her gold medal. We have all been there when we have felt so overwhelmed with emotion for our kids or something that makes all the hard work pay off.
Shawn Johnson and Nastia Lukin were so inspiring to watch during their events. Although the judging sometimes did not go as it should of gone. They always had a smile on their faces.

2 comments:

These Four Walls said...

Thanks for that - I'm crying now too:)!

val said...

So Yeah! I have never watched the olympics as much as this year. It must have something to do with getting older. They have been really entertaing. I miss you, I was able to change back to Boise Peds, and it was sad that you were not there. Moment of silence.