Friday, July 11, 2008

Ashlynn's Swim Lessons

Ashlynn doing a back float.
This picture explains it all. She loved being in the water and going under the water. On the first day of swim lessons the teacher told them to get out of the water and jump off the side of pool and Ashlynn ran to the deep end and jumped off. She probably thought the pool was a giant bath tub. The teacher had to hurry and catch her, but that didn't scare her at all. She calls herself a "Dora Mermaid". Here are couple videos of her swimming and jumping off the diving board. We are so proud of her!
If anyone was wondering about Carter, he will start lessons in August. He was sick with diarrhea when the class started. He was pretty upset he couldn't get in the pool. So, stay tuned for Carter's swimming lessons in a month.

3 comments:

Laura said...

She is doing Awesome! I can't believe how brave she is. She reminds me of Caleigh. She was that way, just dives in the deep water and expects to swim right to the side.

Tracy said...

She's my hero! I don't remember learning to swim but I have heard stories that imply I didn't want anything to do with getting into the water. Can't wait to see how Carter does!

Quail Ridge Travelers said...

Aunt Tracy got the "Most Improved" certificate ( meaning she finally got into the water by the end of the course). Ashlynn is such a cutiepie.