Saturday, July 6, 2013

We are the Champions!!

That is right...We are finally the Champions!  Carter has always came in close but never claimed the title of Champion.  He was selected to play on one of the All-Star baseball teams along with two other of his teammates from the Mets team.

Here is our team representing the East side of town.  We look like a fun bunch of kids! 

We had to play a semifinal game against the other East Layton team to see who would play against the West Layton team.  And you guessed it WE WON!  Yay!!  The boys worked so hard for this win that they deserved every moment of celebration.  This is the team piling up on home plate after the victory.  Carter is hanging out on top of the pile.

So here we are bright and chipper the next morning on the 4th of July to play against the top West team.  This is a picture of them as their names were being announced.  So, it was the East against the West!  And...guess what?  We WON again..Wahoo!  It was a close game in the last inning.. the West team caught up within one run, but fell short.  So the ending score was 18-17. It was a awesome way to start the 4th of July Holiday!    

This is Carter after receiving his all-Star shirt.
 

Here are the Champions of Layton City Minor League!

They were so excited!  I Love these fun pictures of the boys. 
Most of these boys don't know each other because they all go to different schools, but they made a great team. (Carter is in the front with the orange socks.)

So Fun! Look for the Orange socks and that is Carter. 

I am going to miss hanging out at the ball field.  I love this game!
Carter made huge improvements from last year.  He was definitely an all star player.  He found that his favorite position is second base and made some awesome outs through out the year. 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

The Dalton's said...

Soooo exciting! I wish I had gone to that game but I'm glad they won :)