Friday, May 24, 2013

2012-2013 School Year has come to an end...

The month of May is just is flying by.  The school year has come to an end and I have mixed emotions about this.  Both kids had a amazing year at school and I just didn't want it to end for them.  For the past 2 months I've spent some time thinking about changing schools to the new Charter school that is opening up just down the street from us.  I gathered opinions from others, researched the curriculum and prayed about it.  I finally came to realization that this isn't the time to make the change and the past month at their current school just confirmed to me that they should stay at Lincoln and not attend the new school. I love the staff and teachers that we have come to know and they truly enjoy teaching.  This past month with being at the school a lot I had teaching staff come up to me and tell me personally that I have great kids and then they would precede to tell me something funny they did or how much they enjoy being around them.   I am sure the new school is going to great but, I had hesitation and I have learned through the years that if I am inspired to do something it doesn't take long to make the decision.  We are sad that some great kids will be leaving Lincoln, but we will see them around the neighborhood and at sporting events. 

The kids had their really good friends over on the last day of school for our traditional slushies.  They were wired and had the best time celebrating the last day of school. 


Carter, Garrett and Cameron (Garrett is moving to another school and Cameron is staying at Lincoln)
Emily, Ashlynn and Erin (Emily is going to the new school and Erin is moving to NH)  These were such good friends to Ashlynn this year.  We are sad they are leaving!

Our summer has officially started...!

No comments: