Thursday, September 1, 2011

Girls Weekend...

The boys went to the cabin for the weekend and we had fun having Ashlynn and mom time. We went to dinner, shopped at the mall, spent some time at Lagoon, visited a friend in the hospital and then Ashlynn decided she wanted her ears pierced. I was slightly hesitant because I wanted to wait until her 8th birthday, but I thought maybe this is my window to get it done. I got to thinking would if she didn't want them pierced later. So, we went for it...she was so good that she didn't even flinch in the chair or even shed a tear. She said that she was kind of nervous and that her hands were sweaty..she is so cute! She has been very good about being careful with them and reminding me to clean them. The Hello Kitty earrings are perfect for her since she has to wear them for 6 weeks before she can change them out. Ashlynn is so excited about her new pierced ears.

2 comments:

Quail Ridge Travelers said...

Wow! Six years old, Grandma Frankie
was 42, I flinched, and I had tears, good job Ashlynn. It's been 24 years and mine still hurt me, and sometimes I can't get the stud through my ear. I guess starting early is the trick.

Laura said...

Way to go Ash! I definitely think getting them done early worked for my girls. Elliot didn't even cry, either. And she loves sharing earrings with her big sis.