Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Birthday Girl

Monday was my birthday and this day of the year always makes me think of what kind of a person I am and what I want to accomplish before my next birthday. It also is a day I reflect on all my many blessings I have in my life. This year on my birthday I got to meet with both the kids teachers and got to listen about all the great things the kids do and how they are a pleasure in class. Blessing accounted for that I have this opportunity to be a mother to these nicely behaved kids that their teachers can't say enough about. Then it was on to getting Carter's haircut and torchering the kids to get their flu shots. (Just kidding no torchering, just heavily convincing them that we needed to get it done). Then they were relieved that they only had to get the mist and of course they got a a new toy.
We ended the day at the Olive Garden (my favorite place) and I thoroughly enjoyed not having to cook dinner that night.
Always a treat!
Thanks to everybody that called, sent packages, cards, treats and text messages. All of them are much appreciated and makes the day just a bit different than all the rest.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Laura said...

Sounds like it was a great day! You do have two great kids and I'm glad their teachers agree.

Brian and Melissa said...

Sorry I missed your birthday! I think that you are an amazing person. I think of you often and strive to be a little better like you! Thanks so much for being you!