Friday, November 13, 2009

Spooktacular 2009

Ashlynn was so excited about all her mummy dances this year. The Spooktacular is a huge carnival at our local rec. center and they go all out with games and activities for the kids. They even have a canoe ride in the big competition pool.
This year we thought we might skip the spooktacular because it was the weekend we were heading to Idaho and we wanted an extra day there. When Ashlynn heard that she would not be dancing, she got so sad and expressed that she wanted to dance and be with her friends. So after a few bribes..she wasn't budging. She wanted to dance and then go to grandmas.
S0, we dropped her off to get ready for her performance and she ran to the door saying" I'm coming teacher, I'm coming,...I'm here!" She had a look of relief that she didn't miss it. I guess we should be glad that she feels committed to something at such a young age.
Here are Ashlynn's pictures in her mummy costume. I thought they were blog worthy. All the kids had so much fun doing their "Boogie Man" dance.

Just in case you can't make out their faces. Ashlynn is 2nd from the right on the back row. I just love how she has her hands posed. What a bunch of fun "mummies!"


1 comment:

Tracy said...

She looks gorgeous as a mummy!!! Apparently she can pull off any look :).