Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Fall is nearing...Yipee!

The other night we had a wicked storm with high winds, thunder and lightning that put the power out for a little while. I had just finished cooking dinner and then suddenly it was slightly darker than usual in the house. Then, when we looked out the windows we saw a brown haze in sky and it stunk so bad like a sewer line was damaged. So we ate dinner without lights and the sweet scent of sewage water. I felt like we were experiencing the effects of Hurricane Gustav and we were riding out the storm. We later found out that the smell and brown haze were from the refineries near the Salt Lake. Ever since that storm we have had some colder temperatures. Last night Matt accidentally left the window open and the kids said they got really cold. Ashlynn wanted her jacket in the middle of the night. The things that go on while I am at work. I pray everyday that they are all alive when I get home (just kidding, I know that Matt is an awesome husband and father and is amazing with the kids).
I am so excited for the fall season. I love the smell of the brisk air and the color changes of the trees. Most of all, though, Halloween is my favorite holiday and I just love the crazy fun all month long.

2 comments:

val said...

I'm quite excited for fall too. There is so much to look forward to. I'm sure you are all done christmas shopping. You amaze me.

kelly said...

I such a dope, I just realized how to view comments on my blog--I'm still getting used to this blogging thing. It's great to here you guys are doing well.